Health insurance must be obtained from one of the Thai General Insurance Association’s approved companies. You must be free of the following diseases: Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, Drug/Alcohol Addiction, or Third Phase Syphilis.
2. Thailand Retirement Visa Eligibility O-X
You must meet the following requirements to be eligible for a 10-year Thailand Retirement Visa:
1. On the day you submit your application, you must be at least 50 years old.
2. You have to be a citizen of one of the following nations:
|➤ United Kingdom|
|➤ United States|
3. You must meet the following financial requirements:
|➤ A minimum security deposit of 3 million Thai Baht in a Thai bank account|
|➤ A minimum annual income of 1.2 million Thai Baht|
4. You must obtain Thai health insurance for the duration of your stay, with a minimum annual coverage of 40,000 Thai Baht for outpatient treatment and 400,000 Thai Baht for inpatient treatment. Health insurance must be obtained from one of the Thai General Insurance Association’s approved companies.
5. You must be free of the following diseases: Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, Drug/Alcohol Addiction, or Third Phase Syphilis.
6. Every year, you must report to the Immigration Officers in Thailand to ensure that you continue to meet the necessary requirements.
You must apply for a Non-immigrant O visa (O-A or O-X) at a Thai diplomatic post in your home country. The following is the application procedure:
1. Make contact with the Thailand Embassy or Consulate where you want to submit your Non-immigrant O visa application. You can also submit your application on their website, if it is possible. Learn about their business hours, working days, and preferred method of payment for the visa fee.
2. If an appointment is necessary, make one.
3. Gather the necessary documentation for a Thai Retirement Visa.
4. Submit the necessary papers and the Non-immigrant O visa application. You can submit the following applications depending on the Embassy/Consulate you apply to: In-person
5. By mail, in which case you must include a pre-paid and self-addressed envelope.
6. Be patient while the application is processed.
7. Get your passport and visa. They will be returned back to you if you applied via mail.
Yes, you may bring family members with you to Thailand.
If they are not eligible for the Thai Retirement Visa (O-A or O-X), they can apply for a Non-Immigrant Visa O or Non-Immigrant Visa ED (for the dependant child).
You may only be accompanied by your spouse or a dependent child under the age of 20.